Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pictures from my trip to DC-Part 1

I've already posted A LOT of pictures on Facebook so I thought it would be a good idea to post some pictures for my friends and family that don't have Facebook. In case you didn't know, I'm currently on vacation near Washington, DC so I'm getting to see some of the sights there. The pictures aren't in order of when I saw them, but I tried to group them by location, putting all of the Natural History Museum pictures together, etc. Anyway, on to the pictures!


This is the best picture I got from the butterfly exhibit at the Natural History Museum. They have a live butterfly exhibit, but you have to pay to get into that one.


The had an Egyptian Mummy Exhibit at the Natural History Museum. It was really cool, and I'm glad I got to see it. I kind of ended up there by accident.


I also touched a piece of Mars at the Natural History Museum. That was a little lame and pretty cool at the same time.


This is the Hope Diamond. I wish my camera was capable of capturing it's beauty. It was a little hard taking the picture because it is in a glass case. I tried taking a video of it rotating, but my camera didn't want to focus.


This is me and my friend, Sinde, under the Chinatown arch. We got lost of the Metro and ended up here...It was our third time getting lost of the Metro. Most of the time, we correct ourselves before leaving the Metro, but this time we decided we might as well see Chinatown since we are headed that way anyway.


We went to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms on Monday, but they were still in the bud.


One of the first things I saw in DC was the American History Museum. My favorite exhibit that we saw was the First Ladies exhibit showing dresses from all of the First Ladies, but I also think it was cool (and weird) that we saw Kermit the Frog in the American History Museum! They had an exhibit called, "American Stories" or something like that, and it had a lot of things you wouldn't think of as being part of American History including the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz movie!



This is me in front of the Washington Monument. See all the beautiful scaffolding? The whole area around it is roped off because they are repairing the damage caused by the big earthquake they had here a while back.



 This is me in front of the Smithsonian Castle. I love this building. It is one of the most gorgeous in DC, which is saying a lot because there are a lot of gorgeous buildings here.


 My friends, Sinde and Sarah, by the Jefferson Memorial


The Vietnam Veterans Memorial. I had wanted to see this wall since I read about it in elementary school! It is very beautiful and very sad.


This is the "guy in the chair" as my friend, Sinde, calls it. She has some funny names for the monuments around DC. For example: The Washington Monument is "the pencil". LOL! In case you didn't know, this is actually the Lincoln Memorial.

  

We haven't just been to DC though. This is me standing by a sign in Old Town Alexandria in Virginia. 

  

Me standing outside the Life is Good store in Old Town. I actually got to go to two Life is Good stores in one day because there is also one in National Harbor, and we went there right after Old Town.


Me by the Peepsmobile in National Harbor in Maryland. This is parked outside of a Peeps store. We didn't go in, but it was still fun to see. If you count DC as a state, I've been to three states in two days!

 

Okay, so a golden egg sitting on a bed doesn't seem exciting, but to me it was very important. Sinde hid it in her backyard so I could have an egg to hunt for on Easter. I found it in one of her bushes. Inside was a keyring from Old Town Alexandria with my name on it. Easter morning was a lot of fun because I also got to video tape her kids hunting for their eggs. Her kids are 13 and 19, but Sarah and I agree that you never outgrow egg hunts!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment